Riverside School is a private school that serves students in grades K-8 with dyslexia and similar language-based learning differences. We provide one-on-one reading instruction, small class sizes, and a nurturing environment so that students can return to mainstream education fully prepared to realize their highest potential.
• Monday–Friday, 7:45 a.m.–9:30 a.m. when school is in session (not breaks or summer, unless otherwise directed)
• This position reports directly to the Director of Curriculum.
• Valid special education license or provisional license.
• Highly-motivated and able to work independently.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self-confident, adaptable, and able to work collaboratively with and garner the respect of fellow teachers.
Teach Assigned Classes:
• Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active, multisensory learning.
• Submit weekly lesson plans.
• Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
• Observe, monitor, and evaluate the progress of individual students and use the information to adjust teaching strategies.
• Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
• Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
• Contribute annual goals to the students’ instructional plans.
• Document progress on progress notes, interims, and report cards.
• Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
Share Extra Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in Back to School Night.
• Serve on possible curriculum committees, task forces, and planning groups as requested.
• Participate in Staff Meetings.
Meet Professional Training Requirements
• Attend scheduled mentoring sessions, monthly teacher meetings, and quarterly math teacher meetings
• Attend training workshops, conferences, webinars, or professional organization meetings for the purpose of professional advancement.
Other Duties as Assigned
• Possibility of additional hours for special projects, as directed by the Head of School.
Please click here to learn more
In order to apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to Riverside Associate Head of School Debra Mitchell at: email@example.com.